Monday 4 March 2013

Going it Alone...

This morning I went to my first LJMU Centre for Entrepreneurship event that was all about setting up your own small business or going freelance once you've graduated. At the moment I have no plans to go down either of these routes once I finish uni but it was really good to get to meet some LJMU Alumni that have done this. As well as meeting Alumni, there were also several industry professionals at the event. This was my first real chance to network with people who have established themselves in the media industry and it's shown me just how important and useful networking is. From this I've also managed to add to my list of companies that I need to make contact with in terms of work experience placements.

A free lunch is always good as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment