Sunday 4 March 2012

Weavrs that Tweet & Blog

First of all, what is a Weavr? A Weavrs is like a little robot that likes online as a person that blog and tweet about things that they find interesting or they like depending on what attributes you give them.

We each had to create our own Weavrs and set them up a Twitter account for the module Contemporary Media Issues. I decided to call my Weavr TJ McQueen and she was from Liverpool. You can see what see says about herself here www.tj-mcqueen.weavrs.info/about and view the things she's been blogging about here www.tj-mcqueen.weavrs.info/#/view/grid. After being suspended from Twitter for about a week, you can now view TJ's Twitter feed on @TJ_McQ.

To begin with I wasn't too sure about Weavrs but after checking back with mine today, I've been quite impressed by some of the things that have been posted, especially the music. I've also been able to interact with my Weavr by asking her questions and leaving her comments on her posts and then she has replied...that is kind of weird though.

2 comments:

  1. After being suspended from Twitter TJ didn't post any more tweets so I have deleted the account. You can still view her blog though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 'Keep Calm & Carry On' style posters may be unavailable to view on the blog now as I have deleted the Slideshare account that they were linked to.

    ReplyDelete