Tuesday 20 March 2012

Avid

By editing together 3 production assignments using Avid I have managed to piece together the ins and outs of this software over the time. However, I'm not a fan of it. I would happily choose Final Cut over Avid any day, but because I have to, I'm persevering with it -  often with a huge Avid book of 'basics' close by now that I've discovered one.

Anyhow, today, for the first time since starting uni, I got the chance to edit on my own. It may sound strange but that's something that I quite enjoy - sitting on my own, preferably in a corner, with an editing suite. Editing is the part that I've often enjoyed most in production work, regardless of the fact that I usually hit brick walls throughout, so getting my hands on the editing on my own is something that I relish.

Sometimes it's easier to get to know how to use a piece of software when you're on your own as well. No-one's watching you or looking over your shoulder and you can take as long as you want or need to get to grips with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment