Thursday 26 February 2015

Graduation: 6 Months On

Alright, it's been 7 months I know but "6 months on" sounded better.

A few weeks ago my Mum said to me "you never talk about your degree". She's right, I don't, and that got me thinking - why is that?

I suppose the main reason for that is this; I have a degree in Media Professional Studies but most of my experience is in events. Whilst at uni I took the opportunity to volunteer for as many events as possible and therefore build up my CV. That's what I enjoyed and it's now where I want to establish a career for myself.

Do I think I did the wrong course? In short, no. Part way through second year I told my personal tutor I thought I was on the wrong course. It came as a shock to her but I never considered changing. I stuck with it and carried on getting experience in the industry I had developed a passion for.

If I'd have been on a different course, I wouldn't have done everything that I have, both in uni and in terms of work experience, I wouldn't have met the people I have or made the amazing friends I did. I wouldn't be the person I am. Your experiences make you who you are and mine have certainly done that.

There are obviously things I would change about my course, but the less said about that the better. Overall, I wouldn't change my uni experience (maybe just some of the people I encountered along the way). If I could go back and do it all over again, would I choose a different course? To be honest, I really don't know.

I certainly wouldn't have this blog if it wasn't for my course.

No comments:

Post a Comment