Tuesday 10 January 2012

Behind the Scenes of a Music Video...in a Music Video?

If you go on YouTube to watch a music video then chances are you'll also be able to find a 'Behind the Scenes'/'Making of' video to go with it. Well Eric Saade went one step further than this.

Eric Saade is a Swedish singer who represented his country in the 2011 Eurovision song contest and finished 3rd place with the track 'Popular'. I love the track and wanted him to win, I even downloaded the track afterwards, but it wasn't until the end of last year that I decided I would check out some of his other stuff on YouTube - turns out, I really like a lot of his tracks and think it would be really great if he could break into the UK music scene.

Anyway, as I was watching a few of his videos I noticed one that had a preview at the end for the video to the next track. This video that I'd just watched, 'Break of Dawn', happened to be the 'Behind the Scenes' video to 'Masquerade'. The video to 'Masquerade' is about a masked ball in a historic era so the video for 'Break of Dawn' is about a love developing between the male and female leads whilst they are shooting the music video.

I've seen music videos that have backstage shots within them but I've never seen another set of videos like Eric Saade.


No comments:

Post a Comment