Wednesday 11 February 2015

Liverpool Bucket List

The Liverpool Echo has come up with a bucket list of 32 things you should do in Liverpool, whether you are just visiting or live in the city and are looking for something to do. Check out the list below and I'm going to mark off any which I have already done.


1. Take a ferry 'cross the Mersey
I've always wanted to do this so that I can say I've seen the waterfront from the river but haven't been able to do that yet.
2. Watch a show at the Empire Theatre
3. Abseil down the Liverpool Anglican Cathedral
I've been inside the cathedral and up to the top of the tower but never down it.
4. Ride the Wheel of Liverpool - Check!
5. Take part in the Mersey Tunnel 10k
6. Experience the acoustics at the Philharmonic Hall
7. Have your photo taken with Eleanor Rigby on Stanley Street - Check!
8. Go power boating along the Mersey
9. Pub crawl along Lark Lane
10. Visit the Anthony Gormley Iron Men statues on Crosby Beach - Check!
11. Watch a Liverpool match from the Kop
I've sat in the famous Kop on a few occasions but unfortunately I've not been able to watch a match yet.
12. Cheer on Everton from Gwladys Street
Definitely not considering I support Liverpool!
13. Take a stroll down Penny Lane
14. Climb up Everton Brow to watch the sun set over the city
Everton Brow is one of my favourite spots in Liverpool with amazing views of the whole city but I've not yet stopped to watch the sunset.
15. Have a pint in church
16. See a band at the Cavern
I've been in the Cavern Club a few times but not for a band as yet.
17. Take a guided tour of the Williamson Tunnels
18. Go to a gig at the Echo Arena - Check! (Tinie Tempah)
19. Watch the Grand National at Aintree
20. Dance under the falling petals at Alma de Cuba
21. Take part in the Sefton Park Lantern Parade
22. Get a selfie with a Liverpool celebrity
23. Hop on the Magical Mystery Tour
24. See an exhibition at Tate Liverpool - Check!
25. Watch a film under the stars at the Bombed Out Church
26. Get tickets to see The Open when it comes to Merseyside
27. Have a cocktail at the Panoramic bar in Liverpool's highest building, the West Tower
28. Get your picture in the Echo
I've not managed to get myself in the newspaper but I have got my photo on the Liverpool Echo website so that kind of counts.
29. Jin in Liverpool's Chinese New Year celebrations
30. Take the train to Freshfields and spot one of the rare red squirrels at the National Trust Formby
31. Go up St John's Beacon - Check!
32. Have a bowl of Scouse at Maggie May's on Bold Street
Always wanted to try Scouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment