Friday 17 February 2012

One Last Con

Scary, tense and very emotional, that sums up the very last episode of Hustle. Oh, and Pure Brilliance!!

The production crew for Hustle are just great, from the amazing writers and researchers to the incredible editors and if I'd have been in the media industry at the right time then I'd have loved to have been apart of that team. This is one of the programmes that makes me want to go into editing, it really makes the show what it is.

One thing that surprised me, however, in the final episode was the breaking of the fourth wall. Although I do think this was used to great effect, especially for the grifting masterclass from Mickey Stone. Breaking the fourth wall isn't something which you'd expect from a programme like this but when it's done well, it works regardless of the fact that it isn't the norm.

Having only seen series 7 and 8, I really do think I've been missing out on something, so if anyone wants to buy me all 8 box sets...

Goodbye Hustle - I still want to be a grifter though!


No comments:

Post a Comment